Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Father




Big shoulders strong enough
To protect
From everything
Speeding car, leering men, broken heart

Eyes that twinkle more often
Than they cloud
With anger or fear
Light brown pools of hidden emotion

Never perfect, yet seeming just so
Efficient
Machine
Yet more than lazy enough to be human

Downs a pint of whiskey (only the best)
A gentleman
Controlled
Loose, but never a drunken swagger

The smoothest driver, shifting gears
With ease
Experience
That cannot be taught, only admired

The kite flyer, the ocean swimmer
Careful
And carefree
The one who taught me to ride a wave

Brimming with stories and terrible jokes
A father
A friend
Switching between roles seamlessly

2 comments:

Alice said...

Hello my name is Alice, an this poems is very beautiful. I´m from to Spain and hope that understanding my inglish. Nice to meet you. Alice Alexander.

Anonymous said...

Hello, my name is Alice, and you poems is very beautiful. I´m from Spain,and my inglish is bad, I hope that you undertanding me. Kisses.Alice Alexander

Poetry

when language like bubbling streams flow




when words are laid down to fit like lovers' hands




when you feel the essence of the poet from within




when swirling thoughts are caught in the net of rhythm



when images reel as you read




when pen and paper create a symphony




then, it is poetry