Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Poem That Isnt Poetic

I was trying to write you a poem
But how can i confine to meter, rhyme
These feelings that flow so furiously
They coagulate, I choke
And not one thing comes out

Because every time you are near
I still get the shivers
I still want to get closer
And the times we're apart
I ache to see you again
I dream of your liquid eyes

If i could write you a song, I would
But I'm no musician
I can't find the words
If i could stay in your arms longer, I would
But time slips away
Things get in the way

And like clay without moisture
Or brooks without laughter
Like morning grass without dew
I would be incomplete without you

You make me laugh
In that wonderful way you do
It feels so light, so good
To know i can always laugh with you

And your every touch, every whisper, every kiss
Every move has me transfixed
Has me begging for more
Like the way you say so softly, "i love you"
Like the words would shatter if they
Weren't uttered so
As if you mean it in the most gentle way
I know you mean it

Even if tomorrow we part
To have loved you
So understanding, funny, weird,
So forgetful, sensitive, open, kind,
So full of unconditional love
And to know you have loved me
That i am worthy of this
It is enough happiness
To last me a lifetime

The way you have moved me
How you showed what it felt like
To be truly loved
How you held me so close to you
I could feel your heart beat
I knew at that moment
How perfectly we fit together

I could never hope to find
A person like you
And we are so lucky
To have found each other

I love you...

No comments:

Poetry

when language like bubbling streams flow




when words are laid down to fit like lovers' hands




when you feel the essence of the poet from within




when swirling thoughts are caught in the net of rhythm



when images reel as you read




when pen and paper create a symphony




then, it is poetry